Today is my twentieth birthday.
I've never been much of a fan of my birthday–but after a birthday that almost didn't come, I've started to see the value in celebrating another year of life.
Last year I committed myself to a mission. I told myself that I didn't want a year to be "just another year." I want to spend what time I have truly living. I want to go to new places. I want to experience new things. You get the idea.
So a year ago, I came up with a list of things to do within the next year to keep time from just passing me by. I called it my "20 before 20." (cheesy, right?)
20 before 20
expires apr. 29, 2015
1. try a food i can't pronounce
2. go completely electronics-free for 24 hours
3. go fishing
4. visit a museum for something i know nothing about
5. go camping
6. make a website for my photography
7. go to a concert for a band i've never heard of
8. donate blood
9. make guac and salsa and everyone loves it
10. go on a spontaneous trip
11. go whitewater rafting
12. photograph a musician
13. go to a restaurant and talk with an accent
14. go skinny-dipping
15. get to my goal weight and maintain it
16. make a lip-sync video with a friend
17. photograph a stranger and hear their story
18. make 20 new playlists (15/20)
19. choose to eat at a restaurant because it has cool signage
20. go to 5 concerts (9/5)
So I didn't get to everything. But that's okay because I've been able do so many new things and explore so many new places! Thankfully, I have another year so I can get started on my "21 before 21" list!